Just as we start to settle into summer, the weather man announces rain for the next few days. So we better come up with a recipe suited to the colder, rainy weather!
A meaty dish with red wine is always a winner and this one will not disappoint.
• 6 Springbok shanks
• 200g Smoked, cured pork belly
• 2 Large onions, diced
• 10ml Cumin
• 10ml Coriander
• 5 Bay leaves
• 50ml AB Products Mediterrano sauce
• 250ml Red wine
• 50ml Olive oil
• 2 Tins chopped tomatoes
1. Fry the onions, cumin, coriander, bay leaves and pork belly in some olive oil until golden brown.
2. Remove the pork belly from the pan and brown the springbok shanks.
3. Place the meat with its spicy juice plus the tins of chopped tomato in a casserole pan. Deglaze with our delicious Mediterrano sauce and red wine. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Allow to simmer over low heat for approximately 2.5 hours.
5. Serve with Parmesan flavoured polenta and a fresh salad.