The legend goes that the Tatin sisters was once busy making an apple tart but left it in the oven for too long. In an attempt to try and salvage it, they decided to serve it turned upside down and their guests loved it!
This is a delicious dessert that every foodie should have in his or her arsenal of dishes to impress with. It is dead simple to make and super impressive. Try it this weekend!
• 5 pears or apples; cored and sliced
• 25g butter
• 50ml AB Products Cinnamon or Ginger biscuit syrup
• 20 g Sliced coconut
• 30 x 30cm Puff pastry
1. Preheat your oven to 190˚C
2. Fry the sliced pears in butter and add the syrup in an ovenproof pan for around 5 minutes. Allow to caramelize slightly.
3. Add the coconut slivers and top with the puff pastry in the frying pan. Tuck the pastry down, right into the edges.
4. Put in oven and bake at 180C until pastry is golden brown on top (about 25 – 30 minutes).
5. The tricky part: place a plate on top of the pan large enough to cover the sides and flip the tart out in one quick movement. Careful to not burn your fingers!
6. Serve with a spoonful of crème fraîche or ice cream.