These pulled pork rolls are served with coleslaw – the delicious meatiness of the pork with a hint of sweetness goes beautifully with the crunchy, creamy coleslaw. A great dish to enjoy on a Saturday afternoon with an ice cold beer.
• 1 Shoulder of pork
• 10ml Crushed coriander seeds
• 5ml Cinnamon
• 5ml Nutmeg
• 2ml Cayenne pepper
• Salt & pepper
• 200ml Cider
• Olive oil
• 2 Carrots
• ¼ Cabbage
• ¼ Cup AB Products balsamic & caramelized onion mayonnaise
• ¼ Cup yoghurt
• 6 x Small soft buns
1. Mix all the dry spices and rub on pork shoulder; season with salt and pepper.
2. Sear pork shoulder on all sides; deglaze with a bit of cider and place in an ovenproof dish.
3. Seal tightly with foil and bake for around 1 ½ to 2 hours.
4. Grate the carrots and slice the cabbage. Mix with mayonnaise and yoghurt.
5. When the pork is cooked and slightly cooled down, remove from the oven and start pulling the muscles fibres into shreds.
6. Keep the pan juices and mix with the pulled pork.
7. Slice the buns and place the pulled pork on top; serve with the coleslaw.
Enjoy with a beer or cider!