Pork Belly is such a treat and this recipe highlights the delicious flavours of the pork meat by the addition of the sweet elements (Sweet Fire Chilli sauce and the pineapple). The baked cabbage balances the sweetness and rounds off an impressive and really simple dish to make for your next dinner party.
• 1 x Whole pork belly
• 10g Coriander seeds crushed
• 1 whole lemon
• 25ml Sweet Fire Chilli sauce
• 10gr Pickled ginger, sliced into smaller pieces.
• 25ml soya sauce
1. Score the pork belly on the fat side and rub with crushed coriander seeds.
2. Sear in a hot pan with olive or sesame oil. Turn to make sure it is well-browned on both sides.
3. Deglaze with soya sauce, squeezed lemon and chilli sauce.
4. Sprinkled with pickled ginger and wrap with foil.
5. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for at least 1.5 hrs or until tender.
6. Served with pan-fried pineapple and baked cabbage*
*Cut in quarters; drizzle with olive oil; season with salt and white pepper; bake at 180 degrees Celsius for an hour.