Hake can be quite bland, so any hake-based dish needs to include “supporting acts” that are full of colour and flavour. This simple dish includes some colourful veggies and a creamy, zesty sauce to take this dish to the next level. Simple, wholesome and tasty – enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 2 people):
• 400g Longline hake fillet (de-boned)
• 25g Coconut flour
• 2ml White pepper
• 5ml Fine Salt
• 8 Baby carrots with tops
• 1 Punnet of Shimiji mushrooms
• 2 Large leeks
• 35ml AB Products’ Sweet Fire Zesty Chilli sauce
• 50g Butter
• 50ml Fresh cream
1. Start by preparing the vegetables. Boil carrots and leeks in salted water until tender. Remove from water when ready.
2. Season the coconut flour with salt and pepper. Press the hake fillet into the flour on both sides.
3. Fry the fillet in a pan with some of the butter until golden brown. Place on a baking tray and bake in preheated oven at 180C for 8 minutes.
4. While the fish is in the oven, fry off the vegetables to give it some colour and keep warm.
5. Make the sauce by heating the lemon juice, lemon zest, Sweet Fire Sauce, butter and cream in a saucepan until desired consistency.